The Orrey Restaurant, Bar & Food Store
Restaurant Development, Marylebone, London, W1U
This restaurant development occupies the first floor of the former 19th century stables building. The original façade was transformed with the opening up between existing arched bays along Marylebone High Street with new steel windows with circular pivot sashes echoing the restaurant’s name.
A linear dining room provides the background for a series of banquettes, timber privacy screens, tables and continuous fibrous plaster shelf with Morandi inspired display to the rear wall and larger circular tables within each window arch overlooking the St. Marylebone Church yard. A large glazed wine display provides storage for up to 1000 wine bottles. The kitchens, storage and preparation rooms are located over the carriage way within the original mews buildings.
Clerestory windows and automated skylights provide natural daylight and ventilation to the dining room visually connecting with the second floor terrace used during the summer for lunches and cocktails.
The original corner shop at ground floor has been renovated providing a food store and bar linked with the restaurant and intimate bar at first floor for pre-dinner drinks.
Client: Conran Restaurants Ltd
Floor Area: 553 sq/m